Find Expert Assistance for Post Decree Modifications with Our Colorado Springs Lawyers

Changing Child Support and Child Custody Orders

Even though divorce orders and child custody orders may be called Final Orders or Permanent Orders, they can be changed. In fact, sometimes they must be changed. If it has become necessary to seek a change in child support or child custody orders based on a change in circumstances, the attorneys at the Law Office of Greg Quimby, P.C., can help. We have more than a decade of experience that we utilize to make certain that your orders reflect your needs and the needs of your children.

You have the right to seek post decree modifications. Let our experienced lawyers help you make the necessary changes.

Child Support Modifications: In Colorado, child support goes until the child reaches age 19 or is emancipated. At any time before that age, if there has been a change in circumstances that would result in at least a 10% change in the amount of child support, you can seek a modification.

Changes that may require modification of child support include changes in employment, income, child care, and health care coverage.

Child Custody Modifications: Parenting time can be modified based on a change in either parent’s circumstances and/or the needs of the children. Some of the more common examples are changes in a parent’s work schedule, including military deployment. More difficult changes occur if a parent develops drug or alcohol problems or problems of a criminal nature. Some modifications are minor and some are more drastic. We have helped parents handle the gamut of problems with a variety of solutions.

Making Modifications and Preventing Modifications

Our lawyers understand that the need for modifications can arise at any time. We will help you assess your situation and guide you to the best course of action. If you’re attempting to stop modifications that you believe are unfair or not in the best interest of your child, our lawyers can work with you to prevent these modifications from being made.

You can contact one of experienced post decree modifications lawyers from the Law Office of Greg Quimby, P.C. in Colorado Springs, Colorado for a free initial consultation.  

Close Menu