Post Decree Modifications

Colorado Springs Post-Decree Modification Attorneys

Changing Child Support & Child Custody Orders

Even though divorce and custody orders may be called final orders or permanent orders, they can be changed. In fact, sometimes they must be changed. If you need to modify child support or child custody orders based on a change in circumstances, our attorneys at the Law Office of Greg Quimby, P.C. can help. For more than two decades, our firm has been helping clients seek post-divorce modifications in Colorado Springs. We have what it takes to ensure that your orders reflect your needs and the needs of your children.

Let our experienced modification lawyers help you make the necessary changes. Contact us now.

Child Support Modifications

In Colorado, child support lasts until the child reaches age 19 or is emancipated. At any time before that, you can request a modification to your child support obligations or award if there has been a change in circumstances that would result in at least a 10% change in the amount of support.

Changes that may necessitate a child support modification include changes in:

  • Employment
  • Income
  • Child care
  • Health care coverage

Child Custody Modifications

Parenting time can be modified based on a change in either parent’s circumstances and/or the needs of the children. Some of the more common examples are changes in a parent’s work schedule, including military deployment. More difficult changes occur if a parent develops drug or alcohol problems or is convicted of a crime. Some modifications are minor, while others are more drastic. Our post-decree modification lawyers in Colorado Springs have helped parents handle the gamut of problems with a variety of solutions.

Making & Preventing Modifications

At the Law Office of Greg Quimby, P.C., we understand that the need for modifications can arise at any time. We are prepared to assess your situation and guide you to the right course of action. If you are attempting to prevent modifications that you believe are unfair or not in the best interest of your child, our lawyers can fight to have those modification requests denied.

Get in touch with us today by calling (719) 212-4227 or contacting us online.

What sets us Apart:

  • Team-Oriented

    Our large support staff is eager to help with your case.

  • Family Owned & Operated Firm

    Run by Father & Daughter.

  • Prompt Communication

    We'll respond within 24 business hours.

  • Impressive Legal Experience

    50 years combined between all the attorneys.