Divorce is never easy, but high-conflict divorces can be especially difficult. When two parties are unable to come to an agreement on their own, it can be difficult to find a resolution that works for both parties. Fortunately, there are ways to resolve high-conflict divorce cases.
1. MediationMediation is a great option for resolving high-conflict divorce cases. It involves both parties meeting with a neutral third party, such as a mediator, who can help them come to an agreement. The mediator will help both parties discuss their concerns and work towards a mutually beneficial resolution. Mediation is often a less expensive and less time-consuming option than going to court.
2. Collaborative DivorceCollaborative divorce is another option for resolving high-conflict divorce cases. This process involves both parties working together with a team of professionals, such as attorneys, financial advisors, and therapists, to come to an agreement. The team works together to help both parties find a resolution that works for them. This process is often less expensive and less time-consuming than going to court.
3. ArbitrationArbitration is another option for resolving high-conflict divorce cases. This process involves both parties meeting with an arbitrator, who will listen to both sides and make a binding decision on the matter. This option is often less expensive and less time-consuming than going to court.
4. LitigationLitigation is the traditional way to resolve high-conflict divorce cases. This process involves both parties going to court and presenting their case to a judge. The judge will then make a decision on the matter. This option is often more expensive and time-consuming than other options, but it can be a necessary step in some cases.
5. Working with an Experienced Attorney
Working with an experienced attorney is the best way to ensure that your rights are protected during a high-conflict divorce. An experienced attorney can help you understand your legal rights and work toward a resolution that works for you.
The Law Office of Greg Quimby, P.C. has years of experience in handling high-conflict divorce cases in Colorado Springs, CO. Our team of experienced attorneys can help you navigate the legal process and protect your rights every step of the way. Call today to learn more.